Skip to main content

Young, energetic dogs suffer such hardship.


Enrichment = mess

Me: Here is a bottle filled with your breakfast.
Mort: Awesome! I can rattle it around and get all the food out!
Me: Yeah, that's the idea! And then you eat the food!
Mort: Nope, I'll just leave it on the floor. But this is fun!

Dog walker

*Knock knock*
Mort: MY WALKER IS HERE
Me: I know, I'll just get your stuff.
Mort: HURRY THE HECK UP
Dog walker: Hello Vikki! How are-
Mort: LET'S GO NOW
Dog walker: Oh! Hello Mort.
Mort: NOT INTERESTED LET'S GO
Dog walker: How are you?
Me: Great thanks! How are you?
Mort: COME THE HECK ON I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS NONSENSE

Expectations were not met

Me: Breakfast, Mort!
Mort: Yay! Hey....what's this rubbish?
Me: Your food. Dog food.
Mort: Yesterday you gave me chicken.

Daylight savings

Mort: It's 8am! You're not up! Are you dead?!
Me: It's 7am actually...daylight savings, Mort!
Mort: But I'm awaaaaake
Me: Go back to sleep!
Mort: I'll get on the bed and cuddle with you then
Libby: You will NOT, I am on the bed
Mort: Ok I'm going under the bed. I'm under the bed, being a snake...slither slither...bumpity bump...oh! There's a tail here!
Me: OMG shut up
Mort: There's a tail, and I'm biting it! Ow! Oh! Vikki!
Me: Not interested
Mort: It's my tail! Don't worry


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inaudible dialogue archive

These are a few past posts that I have saved. Enjoy! 1st December 2018 Me: Breakfast, Harry and Magnus! Magnus: OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMFINISHED Harry: What is this? Me: It's the same as what you had yesterday, and the day before. Harry: Nathan fed me yesterday. Me: So? Harry: Nathan cuts it up for me. Me: Really?...okay. Magnus: I'll have it! Harry: SMALL pieces. 24th November 2018 Lewis: Vikki...Vikki...Vikki... Me: Whaaaaaat??!! Lewis: OMG you're awake! Let's get up! Me: Mmmmpfffff it's 6.30am Lewis: Yeah but let's get up! Me: ok FINE I'll stumble into the kitchen and make tea Lewis: Great! While you do that, I'm going back to bed. 1st November 2018 Mam and dad: We're going to the gym. Poppy: When mam and dad go to the gym, I go in my box. Me: But you don't have to tonight, because Michael and I are here! You can stay up and have fun with us! Poppy: When mam and dad go to ...

Break a leg

Crunch My leg: CRUNCHITY CRUNCH Me: OWWW!!!! Mort: Oh, you're on the floor! What fun! There's a smell over here. What are we doing next? Are you getting up? What if I climb on you? Oh I tripped over your leg! Oh whoops I did it again! Lol. Me: I thought dogs were supposed to HELP THEIR OWNERS IN DISTRESS NOX Part of my mind that is still me: What's happening? Where am I? Part of my mind that has embraced the laughing gas: Shhhhh! It's all faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaine Me: Ouch! I'm sure that hurt, it felt like it should have hurt Laughing gas me: WOW that pain was PURPLE! Me: What are they doing to me?! My leg shouldn't feel like this. Laughing gas me: Purple pain, purple pain... Loyalty Me: Mort must be pining for me while I'm in hospital. My poor boy! Mort: Internalising Leg: Sorry guys, I'm out of action, so you have to lie in a bed for a while. Ears: Ok! We will help by producing lots of extra wax Brain: Ok! I will help by playing vivid...

The vet, the races, and the weather

Mort's fan club Every other dog I have ever taken to the vet: Me: Come on then, vet time! Dog: No no no this is awful I'm not going you'll have to drag me Vet nurses: Oh don't worry sweetie we won't hurt you Dog: *Cowers* Mort: Me: Come on then, vet time! Mort: AWESOME! Time to get my STRUT on and see my BITCHIZ Vet nurses: Oh Mort, oh Mort, you are so wonderful Mort: Ladies, please. One at a time! Fast, but thirsty Michael: I don't mind racing on the scooter with Mort pulling it Me: Awesome, maybe you'll do really well because you have a sense of balance Mort: I will find all the puddles on the trail and lie down in them and drink while I'm lying down Climate change *Every year for the last 8ish years...* Winter: I'm gonna come and make you COLD Me: Ok, I'm waiting Winter: Get your jumper on and prepare to be COLD! Me: It's the Solstice already and I'm not convinced Winter: You're gonna get properly col...