Skip to main content

What are inaudible dialogues?

Simply put, an inaudible dialogue is a conversation that nobody can hear, because it happens in your head. Is it still real? I think so, but if you're a stickler for reality, perhaps read My Science Game instead.

I started writing inaudible dialogues as Facebook posts, years ago. Usually, something had passed between me and a cat that was so obviously a conversation that I had to share it.

The fact that no words were spoken didn't matter.

I am about to post an archive of all the Facebook dialogues that I saved, but most have been lost. They were always meant to be temporary, because they capture a snapshot of that moment shared between me and the cat, dog, shower curtain or whatever other creature or object was involved. However, they seem to be popular, so I will post them in this blog for others to enjoy.

As unreal as inaudible dialogues seem, they capture real life. They can happen at any time, while you're doing any boring, mundane thing. To me, the dialogues with the dogs, cats, and other animals are wonderful evidence that sharing your life with another creature makes everyday life more colourful and fun.

I can't be the only person in the world who experiences inaudible dialogues. They are not unique to me. Please feel free to post yours in the comments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Break a leg

Crunch My leg: CRUNCHITY CRUNCH Me: OWWW!!!! Mort: Oh, you're on the floor! What fun! There's a smell over here. What are we doing next? Are you getting up? What if I climb on you? Oh I tripped over your leg! Oh whoops I did it again! Lol. Me: I thought dogs were supposed to HELP THEIR OWNERS IN DISTRESS NOX Part of my mind that is still me: What's happening? Where am I? Part of my mind that has embraced the laughing gas: Shhhhh! It's all faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaine Me: Ouch! I'm sure that hurt, it felt like it should have hurt Laughing gas me: WOW that pain was PURPLE! Me: What are they doing to me?! My leg shouldn't feel like this. Laughing gas me: Purple pain, purple pain... Loyalty Me: Mort must be pining for me while I'm in hospital. My poor boy! Mort: Internalising Leg: Sorry guys, I'm out of action, so you have to lie in a bed for a while. Ears: Ok! We will help by producing lots of extra wax Brain: Ok! I will help by playing vivid...

Rejection

Rub it in, why don't you? Gmail inbox: Here is an email rejecting you for a job you applied for. Me: Good to know, thanks. Gmail: Why don't you read it? Me: I know what it says. Ok, I'll click on it. Gmail: You haven't read it yet. Me: I just read it. Gmail: Read it again! I didn't see. Me: Fine! I will click on it and wait until you say I read it. Gmail: Ok, I am satisfied that you have read your email. **Next time I check Gmail** Gmail: Hey! You never read that email that rejected you for a job you applied for. Drive-thru #2 Person at the Drive-Thru window at MacDonalds: Would your dog like a biscuit? Mort: Less talk, more biscuit insertion Me: Thank you! Michael: You can have a chip as well, Mort. Mort: OVERLOAD The next time we went to the Drive-Thru: Person at the Drive-Thru: Would your dog like a biscuit? Mort: Oh! Yes. Me: Thank you! Mort: .... Mort: ....... Mort: 😔 Me: What's wrong? Mort: Last time I got a chip as wel...

Inaudible dialogue archive

These are a few past posts that I have saved. Enjoy! 1st December 2018 Me: Breakfast, Harry and Magnus! Magnus: OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMFINISHED Harry: What is this? Me: It's the same as what you had yesterday, and the day before. Harry: Nathan fed me yesterday. Me: So? Harry: Nathan cuts it up for me. Me: Really?...okay. Magnus: I'll have it! Harry: SMALL pieces. 24th November 2018 Lewis: Vikki...Vikki...Vikki... Me: Whaaaaaat??!! Lewis: OMG you're awake! Let's get up! Me: Mmmmpfffff it's 6.30am Lewis: Yeah but let's get up! Me: ok FINE I'll stumble into the kitchen and make tea Lewis: Great! While you do that, I'm going back to bed. 1st November 2018 Mam and dad: We're going to the gym. Poppy: When mam and dad go to the gym, I go in my box. Me: But you don't have to tonight, because Michael and I are here! You can stay up and have fun with us! Poppy: When mam and dad go to ...